Arts education is a marvelous idea—here's why:
- Studies have shown that early exposure to visual art, music, or drama promotes and enhances activity in the brain.
- Art helps children understand other subjects much more clearly—from math and science, to language arts and geography.
- Art nurtures inventiveness as it engages children in a process that aids in the development of self-esteem, self-discipline, cooperation, and self-motivation.
- Participating in art activities helps children to gain the tools necessary for understanding the human experience, adapting to and respecting others' ways of working and thinking, developing creative problem-solving skills, and communicating thoughts and ideas in a variety of ways.
With financial contributions made by families like you, the Vision for Student Success and Edison PTA are happy to provide the following programs for our students:
- Choral Music in Spanish
- Art Reflections
- Young Storytellers
- Theater - Supplemental Materials
And more...thank you!!